Thursday, March 31, 2016

Ch Ch Ch Chia....   
haha... okay... so I was sitting in a twitter party one day listening to everyone eating healthy as I casually inhaled a Devil Dog.... the idea sounds good... but not all that easy of a transition!  I got to speaking with the author of a clean eating cookbook who overcame significant health issues by changing her diet!  SOLD!   I feel disgusting...  I know.. at almost 100 lbs in a year, I should!  But no, I feel disgusting.   My knees hurt, like don't want to bend and if you do, you sure as hell aren't getting back up without using your arms to pull you...  not to mention, lethargy, constant desire to stick something in my mouth, and..   shhh...  a lot of flatulence (but that is our little secret)   
The woman recommended Chia Seeds.  Loaded in fiber and Omega3, it would help with my constant hunger, and is an excellent anti-inflamatory.    So, off the the store I went!
I have tried it mixed in yogurt.  More frequently i just soak in a glass of water or juice overnight and start my day with it in the morning.  
Yesterday, after winning a 1lb bag from Organic Vegan Superfoods, (who I highly recommend for outstanding personalized service, totally reasonable price and their Seeds are Certified Organic and Non-GMO which are both really important to me) anyway,   I was quick to hop on Twitter to thank them, when I caught a glimpse of a recipe for a Tropical Pudding..  Hmmm...  happen to have the stuff here, so why not!    It tasted delicious, but I am afraid I messed up somewhere along the lines because it was very watery...
Today... we made a Brenda Original (aka whatever I could find in the house)
In a blender I combined
1 container of Toasted Coconut OIKOS Greek Yogurt, 
half banana, 
about 10 frozen blueberries,
a pour of Almond Milk (not sure how much... enough to give my seeds something to absorb)
and about 2 TBS of Chia Seeds...     It is currently sitting in my fridge patiently waiting for morning, but it might not make it that long...  I took a test..   OUTSTANDING!!

I must confess... I have only used the seeds for about 9 days... But...(no medical claims) my knees feel great! Still need serious exercise, but they don't hurt (or click like they were)... system is running smoothly!  I have had NO desire to even touch another Devil Dog (although I am not perfect!)  and as for our little secret...   NONE!!   I am amazed!   Thank goodness I sat in on that twitter party...  or I wouldn't feel the way that I do today!  

(BTW.. I was not compensated anything to give my opinion, I won a free bag of Seeds in a contest and felt inspired to tell you all about it!)

5 comments:

  1. This looks pretty good! I'm not sure if I've ever had chia seeds but I'd like to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they have no flavor really... but they absorb a lot of water! so if you mix with food, make sure your drinking enough fluid. I like to soak mine and just drink them... they stay small but get a gelatin like ball around it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they have no flavor really... but they absorb a lot of water! so if you mix with food, make sure your drinking enough fluid. I like to soak mine and just drink them... they stay small but get a gelatin like ball around it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda, thanks so much for mentioning us on Twitter and your blog. That's really kind of you! Your story is inspiring and we're here to support you along the way! Glad your chia seeds arrived safely and that you are enjoying them. I plan on creating a small book on Chia because there's so much to talk about. Take care and don't be shy! Email me any time if you have questions.

    Warm Regards,

    Nate and The Organic Vegans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try the seeds. Now, I will be looking for them in the store.

    ReplyDelete